How We Got Our
And Why We Believe It Is God's Word
© 1926 The Moody Bible Institute of Chicago. Copyright expired.
Published by Moody Press, Chicago, Illinois
How We Got Our Bible is held by 74 libraries including Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.
1. Bible History 2. Bible Evidences, authority, etc. 3. Bible Inspiration
220.1 || OCLC: 18538426 || 127p.
Table of Contents
1. Structure and History of the Bible 9
2. Canonicity of the Bible 19
3. Authority of the Bible 27
4. Authority of the Bible Continued 34
5. Trustworthiness of the Old Testament 48
6. Trustworthiness of the New Testament 56
7. Unity of the Bible 66
8. Progressiveness of the Bible 75
9. Inspiration of the Bible 86
10. Inspiration of the Bible Continued 96
11. Interpretation of the Bible 107
12. Purpose of the Bible
Appearing as a posthumous work of that dean of Bible teachers, Dr. W. H. Griffith Thomas (1861-1924), this volume should have a special appeal to all who knew and loved the author, or who are familiar with his earlier works. The Rev. W. Graham Scroggie has said that "the reading of Dr. Thomas' books creates in one a deeper love of and desire for God as revealed in his Word," and this is strikingly true of this clear and satisfying marshaling of evidence as to what the Bible is. These studies have appeared serially in the Friends' Witness under the title, "The Book of Books."
How We Got Our Bible by W.H. Griffith Thomas
is hosted online by ccel.us
christian books online books
how did we get the bible